A limited number of student grants are available to student authors of full/regular accepted papers of the LCN main conference. The grants are sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC).
Each grant will provide one free author registration to the LCN 2011 conference, worth US$800 for IEEE members (US$975 for IEEE non-members).
Eligibility for application
The following requirements need to be fulfilled from candidates to apply for an LCN student participation grant:
- being an author of an accepted full/regular paper at the LCN 2011 main conference,
- being full-time student, working towards Master or Ph.D. degree, and
- attending LCN 2011 in Bonn to present the paper
An application for a student participation grant will consist of the student's CV, a letter from the student, and a letter from the student's advisor.
The letter from the student should include:
- a brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
- a description of areas reflected in the LCN 2011 paper topics that would impact the student's research;
- why the conference attendance is important to the student;
- a confirmation that the student herself/himself will give the paper presentation at LCN 2011; and
- an indication of which of the co-author(s)/supervisor(s) will also attend LCN 2011.
The student's CV and letter need to be submitted in a single PDF document via EDAS.
In addition, the student's advisor should submit a letter of recommendation as a PDF document via EDAS, including:
- confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing;
- ways in which this particular student would benefit from attendance at the LCN 2011 conference;
- the strengths and potential contributions of the student; and
- an indication why student grant support is necessary for the student to attend the conference, and indicating the extent to which the advisor can supplement the student grant to enable the student to attend the conference.
- Submission of application from student author, via EDAS: July 20, 2011
- Submission of supervisor's letter of recommendation, via EDAS: July 20, 2011
- Notification of acceptance of student grant: July 25, 2011
For questions on LCN 2011 student grants, please e-mail to
the LCN 2011 Students Award Chair.