While citizens of many countries world-wide usually do not require a visa to enter the United States, citizens of some countries do. See the official U.S. State Department Vistor Visas page for complete visa information, including a list of countries and territories whose citizens require a visa in order to enter the U.S. as visitors.
If and only if you are an author of an accepted LCN conference or workshop paper and you need a letter of invitation for visa purposes, please send an email to Ken Christensen, LCN 2012 Local Arrangements Chair, which needs to include all of the following information:
- Full name (both given and family names)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Full postal address of this affiliation
- Full postal address of where the letter should be sent (only if different from affiliation address)
- Fax number (only if letter is to be FAXed)
- E-mail address
- EDAS paper number
- Attach the IEEE registration confirmation
An optional item is the planned itinerary for the trip. Including this may speed-up the visa approval process.
Please note that you need to complete the author registration for LCN 2012 before you can request a letter of invitation.